In our changing world it is important to promote Modern British as part of SMSC. This includes:
- Celebrating our strong vision and ethos.
- Encouraging and supporting students to develop effective relationships.
- Providing a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Offering activities beyond the classroom.
- Helping every young person understand the society we live in and the joy of diversity and difference.
- Spiritual – Exploring beliefs and experiences, respecting values, discovering yourself and the surrounding world and your place within it, using imagination and creativity, being able to reflect as an individual.
- Moral – Recognising right and wrong, understanding choices and consequences, investigating moral and ethical issues, being able to offer a reasoned viewpoint.
- Social – Using social skills appropriately in different contexts, understanding how different groups and communities function, being tolerant of others.
- Cultural – Understanding, accepting, respecting and celebrating diversity, participating in cultural opportunities, understanding and appreciating cultural influences.